Stadion BezigradEdit profile
Bežigrad Stadium (Slovene: Bežigrajski stadion, Stadion Bežigrad), also known as the Bežigrad Central Stadium (Slovene: Centralni stadion Bežigrad) is a multi-purpose stadium in Ljubljana, Slovenia. It has been closed since 2008. Joc Pečečnik, a Slovenian multimillionaire, plans to renovate it starting in January 2011.
The Bežigrad stadium was built in 1928, for the Catholic youth sport association Orel. It was designed by architect Jože Plečnik. It takes its name from the district of Bežigrad.
Bežigrad Stadium was used, predominantly, for football matches, and was the home of the football club NK Olimpija Ljubljana (established in 1911), till the club's dissolution in 2004. The newly-established club, with the same name, NK Olimpija Ljubljana, is stationed at the Stožice Stadium, built in 2010, which took over the title of the biggest stadium in Ljubljana and Slovenia.National team matches