St Wenefrede's Church, BickleyEdit profile
St Wenefrede's Church, Bickley is in the civil parish of Bickley, Cheshire, England. The church has been designated by English Heritage as a Grade II listed building, and is an active Anglican parish church in the diocese of Chester, the archdeaconry of Chester, and the deanery of Malpas. Its benefice is combined with those of Holy Trinity Church, Bickerton, St John's Church, Burwardsley and All Saints Church, Harthill.History
The church was built in 1892 and designed by the Chester firm of Douglas & Fordham for the 4th Marquess of Cholmondeley.Architecture
The church is built in sandstone and has a roof of green slates with terracotta roof tiles. Its plan consists of a broad, low, west tower, a south porch against the tower, a three-bay nave with a narrow north passage-aisle, a chancel, and two north vestries. The tower is in two stages with a splay-footed octagonal spire. It has a three-light west window and three-light bell-openings in the stage above. Inside the church is a hammerbeam roof.