St Thomas' Church, Stockton HeathEdit profile
St Thomas' Church, Stockton Heath is in Stockton Heath, to the south of Warrington, Cheshire, England. The church has been designated by English Heritage as a Grade II listed building, and is an active Anglican parish church in the diocese of Chester, the archdeaconry of Chester and the deanery of Great Budworth.History
The present church was built in 1868 on the site of a former church built in 1838. The architects were the Lancaster partnership of Paley and Austin.Architecture
It is constructed in pinkish-red sandstone with Westmorland slate roofs. Its plan consists of a four-bay nave with a south aisle under a parallel ridged roof, a south porch, a north transept, a north vestry, a two-bay chancel and a west tower. The tower is in four stages with an octagonal southeast turret and an embattled parapet.
The chancel is decorated with richly-coloured patterned tilework and the reredos is of marble and embossed patterned tiles. The organ was built around 1880 by Young and Sons and rebuilt in 1963 by Rushworth and Dreaper of Liverpool.