St. Stephen's Episcopal Church

Edit profile
St. Stephen's Episcopal Church

St. Stephen's Episcopal Church is located near Innis, Louisiana, United States, at 9795 Louisiana Highway 418. The church was built in 1848, and was consecrated by Bishop Leonidas Polk. It is the oldest brick edifice in Pointe Coupee Parish. Some past communicants include Major General John Archer Lejeune and Dr. Tichenor (of antiseptic fame). It is also home to a cemetery that features a monument to a Confederate Unknown Soldier, that was erected in 1901. This church was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on April 24, 1974.

St. Stephen's Episcopal Church is an active parish in the Episcopal Diocese of Louisiana. The Rev. George Kontos is the current priest-in-charge.

  • Confederate grave stone at cemetery with Southern Cross of Honor symbol displayed at top

  • Confederate Monument

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via Annotator
  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated 2 digital references and added a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com