St Peter, Paul's Wharf

St Peter, Paul's Wharf is a former notable church in the City of London.

The Mortality Bill for the year 1665, published by the Parish Clerk’s Company, shows 97 parishes within the City of London. By September 6 the city lay in ruins, 86 churches having been destroyed. In 1670 a Rebuilding Act was passed and a committee set up under the stewardship of Sir Christopher Wren to decide which would be rebuilt. Fifty-one were chosen, but St Peter Paul’s Wharf to the north of Upper Thames Street in Queenhithe Ward was one of the unlucky minority never to be rebuilt. First mentioned in the 12th Century the parish was defiant in continuing to use the Book of Common Prayer during the Civil War. Following the fire it was united to St Benet Paul's Wharf. Partial records still survive at IGI.