St. Paul's Episcopal Church, Rock Creek ParishEdit profile
St. Paul's Episcopal Church, Rock Creek Parish, is a historic Episcopal church located on Rock Creek Church Road, NW in Washington, D.C., United States. Founded in 1712, the congregation is the oldest religious institution within the boundaries of the present-day District of Colombia. The church was built in 1775, incorporating parts of an older church built in 1719. It was remodeled in 1853 and restored after a major fire in 1922. On March 16, 1972, St. Paul's was added to the National Register of Historic Places.The interior of the church received additional restoration in 2004, at which time a new pipe organ built by Dobson was installed. St. Paul's Church is well known for its excellent acoustics and outstanding professional choir. Sunday services are held at 8:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. each week with services of Choral Evensong held at 4:00 p.m. on scheduled Sundays.