St Paul's and St George's ChurchEdit profile
St Paul's and St George's Church (known colloquially as "Ps and Gs") is a church of the Scottish Episcopal Church in central Edinburgh, Scotland. It is located on York Place in the east end of Edinburgh's New Town, and is protected as a category A listed building.
The building was erected as St Paul's Church, replacing a chapel in the Cowgate. It was designed by Archibald Elliot between 1816 and 1818, and was extended by Peddie and Kinnear in the 1890s. In 1932 the congregation merged with that of St George's Church, also located on York Place.
The church recently undertook a £5.6 million building project in order to expand the church and improve facilities. During renovation the congregation temporarily met in the Pollock Halls of Residence.