St Michael's Church, WincleEdit profile
St Michael's Church, Wincle is in the village of Wincle, Cheshire, England (grid reference SJ959662). The church has been designated by English Heritage as a Grade II listed building. It is an active Anglican parish church in the diocese of Chester, the archdeaconry of Macclesfield and the deanery of Macclesfield. Its benefice is combined with those of St Mary, Bosley, St Michael, North Road, and St Saviour, Wildboarclough.History
The original church was built in 1647 on the site of a Neolithic burial mound. A tower was added around 1820, and the rest of the church was rebuilt in 1882 by Edward Witts.Architecture
The church is built in buff coursed rubble gritstone with a roof of banded grey tiles. The tower is at the west end and the body of the church has five bays. There are no aisles. The tower is in three stages, with a plain west window and bell openings with louvres of Kerridge stone. The top of the tower is battlemented. Over the priest's door is a lintel from the older church which is dated 1647. In the church is a font dated 1861. The interior of the church is "unadorned".