St. Mary's Episcopal ChurchEdit profile
St. Mary's Episcopal Church, also known as St. Mary's, Foggy Bottom or St. Mary's Chapel, is a historic Episcopal church located at 730 23rd Street, N.W. in the Foggy Bottom neighborhood of Washington, D.C.. On April 2, 1973, St. Mary's Episcopal Church was added to the National Register of Historic Places.History
Saint Mary’s was founded in 1867 by former members of The Church of the Epiphany, located in Downtown, Washington, D.C.. St. Mary's was the city's first African American Episcopal congregation.Architecture
Designed by architects Renwick, Aspinwall & Russell in 1887, the building is an example of Gothic Revival architecture. Decorative features include a timber roof and Tiffany glass windows.