St. Mary's Beneficial Society HallEdit profile
St. Mary's Beneficial Society Hall, constructed in 1892, is a historic building located in Upper Marlboro, Prince George's County, Maryland. The Hall, an excellent example of an African American multi-purpose building, served as a meeting place, social and political center, and house of worship for African Americans living in a segregated society. It is located nearly across the street from St. Mary's Roman Catholic Church, with which it is historically associated. It is a one-story wood frame gable-front building, In 1988, a law firm acquired the building and converted it to office space.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2005.