St Martin Vintry
St Martin Vintry was a church in the City of London, England. It was destroyed in the Great Fire of London in 1666 and never rebuilt. The Mortality Bill for the year 1665, published by the Parish Clerk’s Company, shows 97 parishes within the City of London. By 6 September 1666, the city of London lay in ruins, 86 churches having been destroyed. In 1670, a Rebuilding Act was passed and a committee set up under the stewardship of Sir Christopher Wren to decide which would be rebuilt. Fifty-one were chosen, but St Martin Vintry on the junction of Queen Street and Upper Thames Street just north of Southwark Bridge in Vintry Ward was one of the unlucky minority never to be rebuilt. Its dedication derives from its patronage by the surrounding Vintners . Rebuilt in 1299 , following the fire it was united to St Michael Paternoster Royal and partial records still survive at the International Genealogical Index. .