St Martin Outwich

St Martin Outwich was a medieval parish church in the City of London, on the corner of Threadneedle Street and Bishopsgate.

History

It was demolished in 1874 and its parish was combined with Great St Helen's, located between Bishopsgate and St Mary Axe. Eighteen monuments were moved into Greater St Helen's before St Martin's was demolished; and there they remain .Pevsner found a portion of the churchyard in the corner of the garden of a nearby office block.

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via Annotator
  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference and added a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com