St Lawrence's Church, DentonEdit profile
St Lawrence's Church in Denton (grid reference SJ92639506) is a timber framed church and a Grade II* listed building; it is one of only 29 surviving timber framed churches and chapels in England. The chapelry of Denton was established in 1531 with the construction of the chapel of ease, then Roman Catholic in the Diocese of Lichfield and dedicated to St James.
The church was rededicated to St Lawrence in 1839 and became a parish church in 1854. In 1872, the church was expanded and remodelled by J Medland Taylor and Henry Taylor. The church features sixteenth stained century glass. The church was restored between 1993 and 2003, funded by Tameside MBC. Further restoration began in 2009.