St. Joseph PlantationEdit profile
St. Joseph Plantation is an historic plantation located on the west bank of the Mississippi River in the town of Vacherie, St. James Parish, Louisiana, United States of America. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
St. Joseph Plantation is located at 3535 Hwy 18 Vacherie, LA 70090, adjacent to Oak Alley Plantation and up-river from Laura Plantation. The plantation was first owned by Josephine Aime Ferry in 1830, but the Ferry family sold it to Joseph Waguespack (1802-1892) in 1877 (Waguespack's son, Aubert Florian, owned Laura Plantation). It is today maintained by descendants of the Waguespack and Simon families.