St. John's-In-The-PrairieEdit profile
St. John's-In-The-Prairie, now known as St. John's Episcopal Church, is a historic Episcopal church in Forkland, Alabama. The wooden Gothic Revival structure was built in 1859 to the designs of Richard Upjohn. It was originally located south of Greensboro in Alabama's prairie, part of the Black Belt. The congregation was organized in 1834 by Caleb Ives, a pioneer missionary, and was admitted to parish status in 1838. The first rector was the Rev. John Avery. The church building was moved across the Black Warrior River to its present location in 1878. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on November 20, 1975.