St. Ignace MissionEdit profile
St. Ignace Mission is now a municipal park known as Marquette Mission Park. It was the site of a mission established by Père Jacques Marquette, and the site of his grave in 1677. A second mission was established at a different site in 1837, and moved here in 1954.
It was one of the earliest declared U.S. National Historic Landmarks, declared in 1960.
The mission church currently serves as the Museum of Ojibwa Culture.