St George the Martyr HolbornEdit profile
St George the Martyr Holborn is an Anglican church located at the south end of Queen Square, Holborn, London Borough of Camden. It is dedicated to Saint George, and is so-called to distinguish it from the later nearby church of St. George's Bloomsbury, with which it shared a burial ground (now St George's Gardens ).
It was built between 1703 and 1706 by Arthur Tooley, as a chapel of ease for St Andrew, Holborn, and became a parish church in 1723. Later that century bought and altered by the Commission for Building Fifty New Churches.
It was at this church that Ted Hughes and Sylvia Plath married on Bloomsday in 1956 The church was designated a Grade II* listed building on 24 October 1951.