St Gabriel's, Warwick SquareEdit profile
St Gabriel's, Warwick Square is an Anglo-Catholic church in Pimlico. It lies within the Deanery of Westminster (St Margaret) within the Diocese of London. It was constructed as part of Thomas Cubitt's 1840-1860 development of the area on behalf of the Marquess of Westminster.
Along with the nearby St Saviour's, St Gabriel's was designed by Cubitt's foreman, Thomas Cundy, in the Gothic style and built in ragstone to emphasise the contrast with the Classical stucco of its secular neighbours. The building is Grade II* listed and it's spire reaches 160 feet (48.7m).
The church has close relations with St Gabriel's Church of England Primary School.
The University of London Society of Change Ringers had its original base at St Gabriel's for several years after 1945.
Georgi Sokolov activity.buildings_person.createabout 6 years ago via OpenBuildings.com
forevermore updated a digital referenceabout 6 years ago via OpenBuildings.com
funaurora updated a digital referenceabout 6 years ago via OpenBuildings.com
Teodora Todorova updatedabout 6 years ago via OpenBuildings.com