St Francis of Assisi's Church, BournvilleEdit profile
St Francis of Assisi's Church, Bournville is a parish church in the Church of England in Bournville, Birmingham.History
Land was set aside for a church and church hall by Bournville Village Trust in 1905. The church hall (now part of the community centre) was built in 1913, and the church building was consecrated in 1925. It was designed by William Alexander Harvey. The font was given as a memorial in 1984. It is of Portland stone and was designed and made by John Poole.
The chapel was designed by Selby Clewer and built in 1966. It was given by Laurence and Joyce Cadbury in memory of three of their children.Organ
The organ was built by Messrs. Nicholson & Co. of Worcester. It was given to the church by the Cadbury Brothers and had originally been located in The Girls' Dining Room in the Bournville Works.
A specification of the organ can be found on the National Pipe Organ Register.Current status
The church is in need of repair and is raising £250,000 to complete the work. It is a Grade II listed building.
OpenBuildings updated a digital referenceabout 5 years ago via Annotator
OpenBuildings updated 2 digital references and added a digital referenceabout 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com
Tom Caesar updatedabout 6 years ago via OpenBuildings.com
Kiril Pavlov updatedabout 6 years ago via OpenBuildings.com
ameralamir updated a digital referenceabout 6 years ago via OpenBuildings.com