St. Francis Hospital of The Sisters Of The Poor Of St. FrancisEdit profile
The St. Francis Hospital of The Sisters Of The Poor Of St. Francis was a hospital that operated in New York City during the 19th and 20th centuries. It was founded in 1865 by the Sisters of the Poor of St. Francis.
In the late 19th century and early 20th century it was located at 603 to 617 Fifth Street. In 1892 it had 240 beds. In 1906 it moved to Mott Haven, Bronx.
The hospital provided free care to all comers without respect to nationality or religion. It was closed in 1966 amidst wide popular protest.