St Bride's Church, LiverpoolEdit profile
Coordinates: 53°23′49″N 2°58′08″W / 53.397°N 2.969°W / 53.397; -2.969
St Bride's Church Canning, Liverpool, England was designed by Samuel Rowland. The building work started on August 29, 1829 and was consecrated December 29, 1830. It was built for the Reverend James Haldane Stewart and is a Grade II* Listed building.
It is deemed to be the best surviving Neoclassical church in Liverpool. It is temple-like in appearance and has a monumental portico of 6 unfluted Ionic columns across the west end. The east window is of stained glass in the Renaissance style and was installed c1905. In the chancel there is a monument to Rev. J. H. Stewart who died in 1854. There is another monument to Mr W.M. Foster, his wife and servant, who all drowned in the wreck of the steamer Rothsay Castle in 1831.
The building has hosted several events as part of the Liverpool Biennial art festival.