St Augustine Papey

St Augustine Papey was a mediaeval church in the City of London situated in what is now Bury Street. First mentioned as " Sci augustini pappey ", it originally belonged to the Priory of Holy Trinity. By 1430 the emoluments had become so small that it was united with All Hallows-on-the-Wall and in 1442 was appropriated as an almshouse for elderly clergy. At the time of the Dissolution of the Monasteries it was demolished and the site built over.

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via Annotator
  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference and added a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com