St. Anne's Church and Parish ComplexEdit profile
St. Anne's Church and Parish Complex is an historic Catholic church at 780 S. Main Street in Fall River, Massachusetts.History
The church was begun in 1891.
Work began on the upper church on July 17 1902. The building, which is constructed of blue marble from Proctor, Vermont, measures 277 feet long by 122 wide, with steeples 160 feet high. The exterior was completed in June 1904 and the new church was formally dedicated on July 4, 1906.
It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.Casavant Organ
The church is home to a 4 manual Casavant organ their Opus 2793 (1964). It contains 4,512 pipes ranging in length from 7 inches to over 32 feet. The instrument was featured in the 2003 convention of the Organ Historical Society at which time it was presented with the Society's official citation as being of historical significance.External References
- St. Anne Website