St Ann Blackfriars
St Ann Blackfriars was a London church of the seventeenth century, situated in the ward of Farringdon Within in Church Entry, Carter Lane. It was near the Blackfriars Theatre, a fact which displeased its congregation. It was destroyed in the Great Fire of London of 1666. Today, tiny parts of the churchyard are visible at Ireland Yard. Partial parish records are at IGI. Visitors to the site will find the name preserved in the address of the Ancient Monuments Society.

It was a comparatively new church, consecrated in 1597, and had been rebuilt from ruins left by the dissolution of the monasteries, by public subscription. It became a Puritan stronghold, associated for 45 years with William Gouge, and a place thoughtful Londoners made a point of visiting. Fifty-one churches were chosen to be reconstructed, but Blackfriars was in the minority never to be rebuilt, and its parish was merged into another.

Post 1666
After the fire the church was united with St. Andrew-by-the-Wardrobe. The Mortality Bill for the year 1665, published by the Worshipful Company of Parish Clerks, shows 97 parishes within the City of London. By September 6 the city lay in ruins, 86 churches having been destroyed. In 1670 a Rebuilding Act was passed and a committee set up under the stewardship of Sir Christopher Wren to decide which would be rebuilt.