St. Andrew's ChurchEdit profile
St. Andrew's Church is an historic church located at 44078 St. Andrew's Church Road, California near Leonardtown, St. Mary's County, Maryland. It was built in 1766 to serve as the parish church of St. Andrew's Parish, which had been established in 1744. It is a rectangular brick box church laid in Flemish bond with a gable roof and round-arched windows trimmed with brick segmental arches. At two corners stand two-story square brick towers with a diminutive spire. Richard Boulton designed the church in 1766, who was also responsible for the outstanding carving and ornamentation at Sotterley.George Plater (1735-1792) was an active churchman who served twenty-eight years as a vestryman.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973.