Southwold lighthouseEdit profile
Southwold Lighthouse is a lighthouse in Southwold, Suffolk, England. It was constructed by Trinity House from 1887 and was taken into service in 1890. It replaced three lighthouses which had been condemned due to serious coastal erosion. The lights it houses are white when seen from directly out to sea (for navigation) and red from the sides (as a warning). It has additional charm because it is situated within an area of town houses.