South River Friends MeetinghouseEdit profile
The South River Friends Meetinghouse, or Quaker Meeting House, is a historic Friends meeting house located at Lynchburg, Virginia. It was completed in 1798. It is a rubble stone structure, approximately 30 by 51 feet (9.1 by 16 m), with walls 16 inches thick, and 12 feet high. The building ceased as a Quaker meeting house in the 1840s, and stands on the grounds of the Quaker Memorial Presbyterian Church. Adjacent to the structure is a historic graveyard. Buried there are Sarah Lynch (in an unmarked grave) and her son John, the founder of the city whose final resting place is marked by a plain Quaker stone and a modern plaque.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1975.