South Bushwick Reformed Protestant Dutch Church ComplexEdit profile
South Bushwick Reformed Protestant Dutch Church Complex, also known as the "White Church", is a historic Dutch Reformed church in Bushwick, Brooklyn, New York, New York. The complex consists of the church and attached Sunday School building. The church was organized in 1851 by members of the Bushwick Reformed Church that dates back to 1654. Himrod St. was named after South Bushwick's first pastor. The church is a two story frame, clapboard sided building finished in 1853. Its design combines Greek Revival and Gibbsian classical styles. The Greek Revival entrance portico features two giant fluted Ionic order columns. Above the entrance portico is the tower with a square base and octagonal lantern and spire.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.