Sokol (Russian: Со́кол) is a Moscow Metro station on the Zamoskvoretskaya Line. The station opened on 11 September 1938. Designed by K. Yakovlev, V. Polikarpova, and V. Andreev, it features a single row of pillars which flare upward into the arched ceiling, separated by circular coffers. Sokol is finished in a variety of materials, including white and gray Koyelga marble, onyx, granite, and white ceramic tile. The two entrances to the station are located on both sides of Leningradsky Prospekt. An additional exit to the underpass is available from the south end of the platform. Another entrance was cut in 2003 from the nearby Metro Market shopping center. It was the northwestern terminus of the line until 1964 when 3 northern stations were opened. Depot of the same name serving entire Zamoskvoretskaya Line is located near the station.
The station is named after the Sokol cooperative settlement (built in the 1920s) that also gave name to the district of Moscow.
On 19 March 2006, a section of tunnel between Sokol and Voykovskaya stations collapsed and fell onto a metro train. It was reported that the accident was due to workers setting up an advertising billboard in the street above the tunnel. Despite a concrete slab piercing one of the carriages the accident did not cause any injuries.