Smolenskaya (Russian: Смоленская) is a station on the Filyovskaya Line of the Moscow Metro. It was opened in 1935 as part of the first Metro line. Designed by S.G. Andriyevsky and T.N. Makarychev, the station features gray marble pillars with flared bases and walls faced with white ceramic tile. Smolenskaya originally had two entrance vestibules, but one was demolished with the expansion of the Garden Ring avenue (at the time the station was closed and was not intended to be reopened). There are still two sets of exit stairs on the platform, but one leads to a dead end where the passage to the old vestibule (very similar to the one still in use at Chistye Prudy) used to be.