Smoky Valley Roller Mill

Smoky Valley Roller Mill, now known as the McPherson County Old Mill Museum, is an historic mill and museum on Mill Street in Lindsborg, Kansas.

The mill was built in 1898 to make flour from wheat. The Roller Mill was operated by several different owners until closing in 1955. It was originally water powered, but converted to electricity in the 1930s. The building was given to McPherson County in 1962. From 1974 to 1981 a group led by George Tesarek restored the building for use as a museum.

The museum grounds also include the 1904 World's Fair Swedish Pavilion and other buildings with local history exhibits, especially pertaining to Swedish-American history. The mill building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1972. The museum is open daily, year round.

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings added a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via
  • Georgi Sokolov
    Georgi Sokolov updated
    about 5 years ago via
  • gmiah
    gmiah updated a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via