Siegrist's Mill Covered Bridge

Siegrist's Mill Covered Bridge is a covered bridge that spans the Big Chiques Creek in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, United States. A county-owned and maintained bridge, its official designation is the Big Chiques #6 Bridge. (Chiques Creek was known as Chickies Creek until 2002).

The bridge has a single span, wooden, double Burr arch trusses design with the addition of steel hanger rods. The deck is made from oak planks. It is painted red, the traditional color of Lancaster County covered bridges, on both the inside and outside. Both approaches to the bridge are painted in the traditional white color.

The bridge's WGCB Number is 38-36-37. Added in 1980, it is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as structure number 80003513. It is located in a remote region of western Lancaster County at 40°4′37.2″N 76°28′15.6″W / 40.077°N 76.471°W / 40.077; -76.471 (40.07700, -76.47100). The bridge is less than a mile away from the Forry's Mill Covered Bridge.


The bridge was built in 1885 by James C. Carpenter. It was named after the Siegrist family who lived nearby.

  • Length: 92 feet (28 m) span and 102 feet (31.1 m) total length
  • Width: 12 feet 9 inches (3.9 m) clear deck and 15 feet (4.6 m) total width
  • Overhead clearance: 11 feet 6 inches (3.5 m)
  • Underclearance: 10 feet (3.0 m)

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference
    about 6 years ago via Annotator
  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated 2 digital references and added a digital reference
    about 6 years ago via