Shopping City SüdEdit profile
The Shopping City Süd (SCS) is a shopping centre located in Vösendorf, south of Vienna, Austria.
With a leasable area of 173,000 square metres, it is the biggest shopping mall in Austria and also one of the biggest in Europe. It contains over 330 shops and has got about 4,500 employees. The SCS offers 10,000 parking spaces, and so it also serves people from Hungary, Slovenia, Slovakia, and the Czech Republic.
In December 2007, the SCS was sold for €607 mil. to Dutch real estate company Unibail-Rodamco, which also owns the Donauzentrum, the biggest shopping centre in the city of Vienna.Facts
- Opened Sept. 22nd, 1976
- Expansion on Oct. 20th, 1988
- Opened Multiplex Center Oct. 25th, 1994
- Total sales area (Main complex, multiplex & specialised dealers on SCS area): ~ 270.000 m²
- Total roofed over area (Main complex, IKEA and Multiplex): ~160.000 m²
- total length of show window miles: ~3 km
- longest stretch of buildings: 1,6 km
- Parking lot for ~10.000 vehicles
- gross turnover 2004: ca. €1 bn.
- visitors 2005 (to date): >25 Million
- persons employed: ca. 4.500