Shibden Hall is a historic house, located in a public park, at Shibden, West Yorkshire, England. It dates back to around 1420, when it was recorded as being inhabited by one William Oates. For three hundred years, it was in the hands of the Lister family (c. 1615-1826). Its most famous resident was Anne Lister (1791-1840), who became sole owner of the hall after the death of her aunt. It is currently open to the public, with the 'West Yorkshire Folk Museum' housed in the adjoining barn and farm buildings. The Grade II listed hall has been extensively modified from its original design by generations of residents, although its Tudor half timbered frontage remains its most recognisable feature. The Hall includes a reconstruction of workshops, including a brewery, public house, basketmakers, tannery and stable. With an extensive collection of horse drawn carriages in the barn. The park and gardens were restored, between 2007 and 2008, with almost £4 million from the Heritage Lottery Fund and £230,000 from Calderdale Council. The major features of the park, including terraced gardens, rock gardens, cascades, and the boating lake, were commissioned by Anne Lister in the 1830s and a "Paisley Shawl" garden designed for the terrace, by Joshua Major, was added in 1850s. The park also contains a dry stone walling exhibition, children's play area and miniature steam railway.