Selly Oak Pumping StationEdit profile
Selly Oak Pumping Station was a water pumping station operating in Selly Oak, Birmingham, England from 1878 until the 1920s.History
It was built by the Birmingham Corporation Waterworks department in 1878 to house a Boulton and Watt steam engine pumping water for domestic use from a borehole underneath the building. The building is in the Gothic style and was designed by Martin & Chamberlain. It appears as a French Gothic Royal Chapel. The building became unnecessary with the opening of the Elan aqueduct, and it was converted into an electricity sub-station.
It is Grade II listed.