Seaforth Armoury
The Seaforth Armoury is a Canadian Forces armoury located at 1650 Burrard Street in Vancouver, British Columbia. It is the home of The Seaforth Highlanders of Canada, a Primary Reserve Infantry unit. The building was designed by the architectural firm of McCarter and Nairne, and is now listed as a Class A Heritage Building.

History
From their creation in 1910 until 1935 The Seaforth Highlanders of Canada paraded at the Beatty Street Drill Hall with the Duke of Connaught’s Own Rifles. The government was petitioned for a separate armoury to house the regiment and in the early 1930s a site was selected. The site selected was a plot of unused land at the south end of the recently completed Burrard Street Bridge. The address was fixed at 1650 on what had been called Cedar Street but upon completion of the bridge Cedar Street became Burrard Street. Work began in 1935 and construction was finished in 1936. The Armoury was opened on the 26th of August 1936. The Seaforth Highlanders of Canada formed up in a hollow square and The Governor General, Lord Tweedsmuir took the Royal Salute as the first parade was held on the Square.

Occupants
As well as being the home of the Seaforth Highlanders of Canada The Seaforth Armoury is home to the Seaforth Highlanders of Canada Regimental Museum and Archives, an official Canadian Forces Museum. In addition the armoury also garrisons 2 Cadet units:
  • 72 ( The Seaforth Highlanders of Canada) Royal Canadian Army Cadet Corps
  • 135 (Challenger) Royal Canadian Air Cadet Squadron