Seaford Museum
The Seaford Museum of Local History was established at its present site in 1979. It contains objects, archives and displays relating to the local history of the Seaford area.

The Museum
Seaford Museum is housed in Martello Tower number 74 and is situated on the Esplanade in Seaford, East Sussex. The Tower is the most westerly of a line of defensive fortifications built along the Kent and Sussex coast during the Napoleonic Wars. The Tower is a round two storey structure surrounded by a dry, brick-lined moat. It was constructed between 1806 and 1810. The War Department sold it in 1880. During the next 90 years it passed through a number of hands and was used for various commercial purposes. During the 1930s the moat floor was used as a roller skating rink while the tower was used as a cafeteria. In 1976 the Tower was acquired by Lewes District Council and the Museum was installed there in 1979. The Museum has 5,000 square feet (500 m 2) of floorspace (including a covered section of the moat) which is used for displays, a visitor centre, an archive and a museum shop. Between October and Easter it is open on Sundays and Bank Holidays only. During the rest of the year it is additionally open on Saturdays and Wednesdays. Public access to the document archive is available, on a supervised basis, once per month. The museum is run as a registered charity by the Seaford Museum and Historic Society and has a large and eclectic collection of artifacts including large collections of maritime and domestic items.

Role in the community
The Museum acts as a centre for a number of heritage and community activities. The Round Table, the local model railway club and various other organisations hold events there. The Museum is also used as a venue for public lectures and a start point for guided tours to places in the locality. In March 2007, the Museum hosted the "Spring in Sussex" rally of the 'Original Surrey Chapter UK' of Harley Davidson owners. 20 classic Harley Davidson motorcycles congregated at the Museum. In April 2007 the Museum participated in the "Your Big Sussex Weekend" event organised by East Sussex County Council.