Coordinates: 40°51′09″N 73°37′31″W / 40.852563°N 73.625409°W / 40.852563; -73.625409
The Sea Cliff Railroad Station is a historic railroad station along the Oyster Bay Branch of the Long Island Rail Road. It is located on Sea Cliff Avenue and Glen Keith Road between Glen Cove Avenue and Cedar Swamp Road in the City of Glen Cove, New York, east of the Town of Oyster Bay hamlet of Sea Cliff, New York. The station was actually named after Sea Cliff Avenue, rather than the hamlet.
Sea Cliff Station was built in 1867, and renovated in May 1888 at the cost of $4,000. From July 2, 1902 to December 31, 1924 it had connection to two trolley lines. One was the Sea Cliff Village Trolley, owned by the Nassau County Railway and the other was the Glen Cove Railroad which ran along the Oyster Bay Branch right-of-way into Downtown Glen Cove in 1905. From 1909 to 1956, it also contained a wooden pedestrian bridge. Nearly a century after the second station was built, it was listed in the National Register of Historic Places. The station was renovated in 1997.Platform and track configuration
This station has two high-level side platforms, each four cars long. The west platform, adjacent to Track 1, is generally used by southbound or inbound trains. The east platform, adjacent to Track 2, is generally used by northbound or Oyster Bay-bound trains. The Oyster Bay Branch has two main tracks at this location, and there is also a spur east of the east platform. The spur is currently used for track maintenance equipment, but was used as a freight siding until the 1970's. The siding at one point crossed Sea Cliff Avenue to service the Coal Yard, whose covered coal dump still stands.