Sea and Land ChurchEdit profile
The historic Sea and Land Church (known as Northeast Dutch Reformed Church until 1864) is located 61 Henry Street and Market Street in New York, NY. It was built in 1819 of manhattan schist, and added to the National Register of Historic Places on April 9, 1980. The structure is one of the three Georgian Gothic Revival churches on the Lower East Side with the other ones being St. Augustine's Chapel and the Church of the Transfiguration. It is also the second oldest church building in New York City.
Since 1951, the church building has been used by the First Chinese Presbyterian Church, which shared the site with the Sea and Land Church until 1972 when that congregation was dissolved.