Scottsburg DepotEdit profile
The Scottsburg Depot is a historical railroad depot in Scottsburg, Indiana. It was built in 1872 by the Jeffersonville, Madison, and Indianapolis Railroad, costing almost $1500. Its presence influenced the location of Scottsburg in 1874, as the town was named for the railroad's General Superintendent, Horace Scott. It was built specifically for both passenger and freight cargo. Inside there was separate waiting rooms for men and women. It is one of the last structures of its kind still standing in Indiana.
It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1991, but was moved one block north to its present location to help preserve it. With federal transportation funds, it was restored. In 1996 it became the Scottsburg Heritage Station.