Schloss BuchenauEdit profile
Schloss Buchenau located in Buchenau between Fulda and Bad Hersfeld in the district of EiterfeldBuildings
The castle was built in 1618 by Georg Melchior von Buchenau and his wife Agnes von Schwalbach in the style of Weser Renaissance. There are 10 buildings around the castle and a small park.History
In 1680 the castle was sold from the family "Buchenau" to the Fürstabt of Fulda. He gave it to the family "Schenck zu Schweinsberg". The family came to Buchenau in 1694 and lived there until 1912. After them it was used as a boarding school until 1984Today
Since 2001 the castle is used as a grouphouse. It offers accommodation for groups up to 120 persons.