San Salvi

San Salvi, also known as San Michele a San Salvi, is a church in Florence, Italy.

The church was built in the 11th century by the Vallombrosans as part of an abbey complex. During the 1529 Siege of Florence, the church was partially destroyed. It was reconstructed in accordance with its original style with the exception of the portico which was built with a 16th century style. The interior of the church is of a single aisle, Latin-cross design with a rectangular apse.

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings added a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com