San Luis Obispo LightEdit profile
San Luis Obispo Lighthouse, also known as Port Harford Light, is a lighthouse in California, United States, on the San Luis Obispo Bay, CaliforniaHistory
The lighthouse at San Luis Obispo was completed in 1890 and is a 40-foot (12 m) tower attached to a Victorian style dwelling. The area was originally known as Port Harford. The area was very difficult to access by land. Supplies were by brought in by steamer.
The Fresnel lens was replaced with a modern beacon in 1969 and the light was automated in 1974. In 1976, the lens was moved to the San Luis Obispo County Historical Society. After restoration, the Fresnel lens was returned to the lighthouse in 2010.