San Gregorio VIIEdit profile
The Church of Saint Gregory VII (Italian: Chiesa di San Gregorio VII) is a Roman Catholic parish church on the Via del Cottolengo (Via Gregorio VII), Rome dedicated to Saint Gregory VII. It was built by Mario Paniconi and Giulio Pediconi from 1960 to 1961, to serve a parish erected by Pope Pius XII in 1952. Its roof is held by 10 concrete piers, and is structurally independent of the walls, which end before they reach the roof (the empty space between them being filled with glass). It is a parish church, served by Franciscans - in the crypt is a depiction of the Life of St Francis in an unusual stone inlay technique.