San Angelo StadiumEdit profile
San Angelo Stadium is a stadium in San Angelo, Texas. Built in 1956 it holds 17,500 people, and is primarily used for American football. It is the third largest stadium used in Division II college football and the fourth largest stadium used for high school football in Texas. It is home to the Angelo State University Rams Football as well as the San Angelo Central Bobcats and the San Angelo Lakeview Chiefs.History
The stadium was built in 1956, was expanded in 1963, and underwent major renovations in 2005. Photographs of the stadium were featured in an exhibition at the Museum of Modern Art in New York City as an outstanding example of modern engineering.
In December 2008 the school board approved a new 7 million dollar field house to replace the original deteriorated facility. The new field house will include five locker rooms. One for Angelo State University, Central High School and Lakeview High School and visitors. The new addition will also provide space for a new weight room, training room, and multiple coaches offices.