Samford Hall

Administrative Headquarters at AUBURN University.......Auburn, Alabama


In 1859, the original Samford Hall was constructed as a main building for the East Alabama Male College. It was a four story structure, Italianate in design, and was erected at a cost of $111,000. It was affectionately known as "Old Main."

School was suspended in 1862 due to the Civil War and the building was used as a hospital until classes resumed in 1866. On June 24, 1887, Old Main burned. It was rebuilt in 1888 from plans by Bruce and Morgan, architects

Building Activity

  • Ronda moxness
    Ronda moxness updated 4 media, updated and uploaded a media file
    xenb img 0049
    about 6 years ago via