Saltford LockEdit profile
Saltford Lock (grid reference ST692679) is situated on the River Avon, at the village of Saltford, between Bristol and Bath, England.
The lock and weir are overlooked by the remains of the Kelston Brass Mill, which was working until 1925. It is a grade II listed building. Alongside the lock is a pub, whose garden extends over the lock to the small island between the lock and weir. The lock was opened in 1727 and destroyed in 1738 by rival coal dealers to stop the use of the river for transportation.