Saint Vincent de PaulEdit profile
Saint Vincent de Paul, now known as Prince of Peace Church is a historic Roman Catholic church building in Mobile, Alabama. It was designed by a local architect, James H. Hutchisson, in the Gothic Revival style. The current building was built in 1874 and dedicated on January 21, 1877. It replaced an earlier frame structure that had been completed in 1847 and burned prior to the erection of this building. This building was originally the parish church for Saint Vincent de Paul Parish. The neighboring St. Peter Claver Parish was established in 1911. On December 25, 1970 these two parishes were combined to form Prince of Peace Parish. A new Saint Vincent de Paul Parish was then established in western Mobile County to serve the Tillmans Corner area. The church was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on April 24, 1992, as a part of the Historic Roman Catholic Properties in Mobile multiple property submission.