Sagamore Mills No. 1 and No. 3Edit profile
Sagamore Mills No. 1 and No. 3 are historic textile mills on Ace Street in Fall River, Massachusetts.
The Sagamore Mills company was established in 1872 with Louis L. Barnard as the first president. Mill No.1 was constructed in 1872 from red brick.
The company failed in 1879, and was reorganized as Sagamore Manufacturing Company.Mill No. 2 was added on nearby North Main Street in 1881.
In 1882, Mill No. 3 was built from native Fall River granite hauled by rail from a quarry in nearby Assonet. It is one of the few mills located "below the hill" in Fall River that were constructed of granite rather than red brick, which was typically less expensive due to transport costs of the granite from the quarries located in the eastern part of the city.
On April 24, 1884 Mill No. 1, was destroyed by fire, and would later be rebuilt.
Mill No. 3 is one of the largest single mills constructed in the city. It was later occupied by Trina Manufacturing, Inc.
The mills were added to the National Historic Register in 1983.