Sagamore Mill No. 2Edit profile
Sagamore Mill No. 2 is an historic textile mill located at 1822 N. Main Street in Fall River, Massachusetts.
The Sagamore Mills company was established in 1872 with Louis L. Barnard as the first president. The company failed in 1879, and was reorganized as Sagamore Manufacturing Company. Mills No. 1 and 3 are located on nearby Ace Street.
Mill No.2 was constructed in 1881 from native Fall River granite, hauled by rail from a quarry in nearby Assonet. It is one of the few mills located "below the hill" in Fall River that were constructed of granite rather than red brick.
The North Main Street mill was later occupied by Joan Fabrics (later known as Main Street Textiles) until 2001, when it opened a huge new plant in the city's industrial park. (This plant closed a few years later).
The site was added to the National Historic Register in 1983, and has recently been restored.